For those who need assistance:
- Jewish Family Services Hotline: 713-364-5021. This is where you can get access to information, places to go for your specific needs, help with short-term housing and details on how to receive emergency assistance from the Jewish Federation's Houston Flood Relief Fund.
- Hebrew Free Loan Society: has short-term interest-free loans. You can call Rachel Yurowitz at 713-667-9336, ext. 221.You can also go online to www.hfla.net They are housed at JFS.
- Red Cross: www.houstonredcross.org is coordinating shelters and other resource dedication issues, contact Loly Thomas at [email protected]
- If you need laundry done, call Cherye-Ann at 713-667-9201 ext. 201 or email me ([email protected]) or Cherye-Ann ([email protected])
For those who want to help:
- Jewish Federation Houston Flood Relief Fund: contributions are being welcomed now to be used for urgent needs. www.houstonjewish.org/houstonflood
- Jewish Family Service: needs volunteers to work with people in our congregations and communities who have been hardest hit. Please let JFS know of your willingness to help by writing to [email protected].
- JFS is collecting gift cards for $50, $100, $200 or $500 good at groceries, pharmacies, big box stores like Target, Walmart, Lowes or Home Depot? Please drop them off at Jewish Family Service at 4131 S. Braeswood Blvd., Houston, TX 77025. M-Th, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., F, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Laundry: if you can drive to a member's home, pick up laundry, do it, and bring it back, call Cherye-Ann at 713-667-9201 or email me ([email protected]) or Cherye-Ann ([email protected])
Jewish Herald Voice
- New Emanu El senior rabbi set to take bimah
- Federation replaces books for flooded families
- Following flood, Jewish community means home to Christian family
- Emanu El same-sex couple first in Harris County to have marriage license issued
- Jewish groups celebrate Supreme Court's legalization of gay marriage nationwide
No front page content has been created yet.