We are always looking for interested volunteers to assist with everything from helping our shul run smoothly, to helping the community at large.
Some areas that we need help with are:
- Administrative Assistance
- Reading Torah/Haftarah
- Environmental Sustainability (recycling programs, etc.)
If you are interested in helping, contact our Programming Associate or 713.667.9201 ext. 320.
You can also participate in the volunteer outreach groups and committees (listed to your left).
The Social Action Committee is involved in many interesting and worthwhile projects. Congregants may join us for any of these opportunities as listed below:
- Performing Mitzvah Day Projects
- Working on gardens around the synagogue
- Making blankets for Children’s Protective Services
- Organizing High Holiday and Passover Food Drives
- Volunteering at Seven Acres Jewish Senior Care Services
- Cooking dinner for Veterans at De George at Union Station
- Partnering with other Religious Organizations to feed the homeless at SEARCH
- Working with Bar/Bat Mitzvah students on social action projects
- Working with PTO to provide toys for Children's Protective Services in December
- Collecting books (new or very gently used) for Harris County Hospital District’s Half-Pint Library
- Collecting toiletries and baby items (diapers, food, clothing) for Children's Protective Services
- Participating in the yearly "Run for the Rose" race which benefits the Dr. Marnie Rose Foundation (Brain cancer research)
The Committee welcomes suggestions from congregants about additional projects that members would like to participate in or undertake.
Please contact Laurie Silverblatt to get involved.